- The future of Manchester depends on the planning we do today – for our city and for our schools. We know that when our schools provide both the basic and new skills and knowledge needed to meet the challenges of tomorrow, they help ensure that the prospects for our city are great.
- Manchester Proud is a community movement to plan for that future.
- It is a movement made up of families, students, educators, business owners and community leaders.
- Manchester Proud is creating a plan to remodel our schools to make sure they have the supports to ready our students, and therefore our city, for the challenges and opportunities ahead.
- For the last year, we’ve been listening to thousands of people from across our city about what’s working in our schools and what needs updating.
- We’re taking all that community input and building a long-term plan to remodel our schools to ensure our students and our city are ready for the future!
Take our survey!
- What do you think students should know and be able to do when they graduate? How can our schools best prepare students for success?
Your ideas will help us design a long-term plan to remodel our schools to ensure that our students and our city are ready for the future. We will present the plan to the Board of School Committee in early 2020.
Manchester Proud releases community engagement findings, school district research
Manchester Proud and its partners Reaching Higher NH and 2Revolutions held a three-hour public workshop with the Board of School Committee on Oct. 16, 2019 to share findings from our partners’ community engagement activities and school district research.
The session was a valuable opportunity for Manchester Proud to partner with board members as we create a plan to remodel our schools to ensure they have the supports to ready our students, and therefore our city, for the challenges and opportunities ahead.
Below you will find links to the presentations and information we provided to the Board of School Committee and media at the workshop:
- A press release on our session with the Board of School Committee.
- Reaching Higher NH’s slides and narration of key findings from nine months of community engagement, which included a community survey, city-wide canvass, school-based listening sessions, and community-based listening sessions.
- 2Revolutions’ slides and narration of its research of the Manchester School District across five areas: teaching and learning; organizational effectiveness; finance; governance; and community partnerships.
- The handout from the session, which includes details about our approach to each element of our community engagement work
- An overview of who we are and our goals for the city of Manchester and its schools.
- A guide to the informational resources on our website, including a thorough timeline of our work, 13-month progress report, FAQs, Community Planning Group, and news blog, donors, and an opportunity to join us by becoming a Manchester Proud Champion.