What we are doing
Between late 2017 and February 2020, Manchester Proud partnered with the Manchester community, school district, its board, administration, principals, teachers, and staff to develop a clear, comprehensive, and compelling plan for the future of our schools. That plan was accepted “with gratitude” by the Board of School Committee on Feb. 20, 2020. We are now working with those same stakeholders to support the implementation of the plan.
We raised private funds for the development of this strategic plan, which included the services of skilled project managers; community engagement facilitators; world-class, innovative educational planners; and communications coordinators.
We believe the creation and implementation of the plan must include several components:
- Visioning: To develop a collective sense of our values and aspirations – for our schools and community;
- Community Engagement: To enable all voices to be heard, to generate understanding and support, and to ensure that our plan is by and for the residents of Manchester;
- Definitive Goals: For the advancement of our schools, with accountability for implementation;
- Leveraging Existing Resources: To embrace Manchester’s extraordinary entrepreneurs, educators, service providers, and skilled workers, across a diversity of talents and cultures; and,
- Championing the realization of an equitable, inclusive, and achievable vision for our schools – to create a plan that is both practical and inspiring.