Champion’s Declaration for Supporters of Manchester Proud
May 14, 2018
The purpose of this Champion’s Declaration is to help ensure that all volunteers and consultants who participate in the work of Manchester Proud adhere to standards of performance and behavior consistent with the organization’s purpose, integrity, and reputation.
The following is intended to serve as a guide for representing Manchester Proud, engaging others, and exercising sound judgement and responsible decision-making on behalf of Manchester Proud.
Pledge of Mission
I endorse Manchester Proud’s commitment to partnering with the Manchester School District and a diversity of people from across our community, for the purpose of raising Manchester’s Public Schools to greater levels of excellence.
I understand that the focus of this work is on an open, inclusive, equitable, objective, comprehensive planning process for the future of our schools. The principles upon which our plan will be founded include: Visioning; Community Engagement; Definitive Initiatives; Leveraging Community Resources; and Balancing Aspirations with Achievability.
Pledge of Personal Conduct
I will perform all of my duties on behalf of Manchester Proud in full compliance with the following tenets:
- Integrity – I will demonstrate the highest standards of personal conduct, accountability, trustworthiness, and fairness.
- Excellence – I will strive to meet the highest standards of performance, quality, service, and achievement.
- Honesty – I will communicate directly, respectfully, honestly, and openly. o Diversity – I will support and value diversity and inclusivity, embracing and learning from the similarities and differences that people bring to our work.
- Equity – I will uphold Manchester Proud’s core value of equity, ensuring that personal and social circumstances (e.g. one’s race, ethnicity, gender, economic status, and sexual identity) never hinder one’s ability to participate in Manchester Proud’s work.
- Responsibility – I will take responsibility for my actions and decisions and remain a careful steward of the mission, values, and reputation of Manchester Proud.
- I will work cooperatively with others, determined to be a cohesive and integrated member of the team working toward a common purpose.
- I will encourage the full and open discussion of issues entrusted to me, ensuring that others have an opportunity to be heard.
- I will reveal any perceived, potential, or actual conflicts of interest to the Chair of the Board of Directors, and will withdraw for the meeting room during any discussion, review, or voting related to such matters.
- I will not use, directly or indirectly, Manchester Proud’s name or logo, funds, intellectual property, or assets for any purpose not specifically authorized by the Board of Directors of Manchester Proud.
- I will keep confidential all information shared on sensitive issues or otherwise designated as “Confidential”.
Any questions regarding the above Champion’s Declaration shall be directed to the Chair of the Board of Directors for interpretation.
I acknowledge that I have received and read the above. I understand that I am responsible for adhering to the mission, principles, and tenets of Manchester Proud, and confirm that I will conduct myself accordingly.