Manchester Proud is a community movement working to better understand, appreciate, and support our public schools. Central to our mission is the creation of a new, comprehensive strategic plan for the Manchester School District.
In order to ensure that the new strategic plan is truly by and for our community, it is essential that the planning process is guided by the people of Manchester. With this in mind, we are accepting applications for the Community Planning Group.
The Community Planning Group will include students, families, educators, administrators, and community members: we encourage all to apply!
The application will close on Tuesday, February 5. The application is expected to take approximately 15-30 minutes to complete.
An outline of the expected responsibilities/time commitment is provided below. If you have additional questions, please contact email@example.com.
Responsibilities/Time Commitment of the Community Planning Group
The actual scope of work of the CPG will be determined by the Group itself. However, principal tasks of members are likely to include the following:
- Attend Kick-off Workshop, to provide training regarding the mission, values, and work of Manchester Proud; introduce key initiative partners; define the Group’s operating protocols; and begin to cultivate a common sense of purpose, guiding principles and shared vision for the work ahead.
- Attend Workshop to learn about the general state of the Manchester School District and findings of Manchester Proud’s community engagement work.
- Prepare for and actively participate in monthly CPG meetings to contribute to the making of our plan.
- Select Leadership Group (4-6 CPG members) to oversee the CPG and meet with Manchester Proud and its consultants bi-weekly or as otherwise needed to sustain progress.
- Serve as liaison to the member’s peer group, reporting progress, sharing issues and opportunities for peer input, and ultimately ensuring that peers feel informed, listened to, and invested in the final plan.
- Advocate for Manchester Proud by sharing our message and progress with others, and publicly endorsing our mission by attending events as needed and including your voice in our communications.
NOTE: The deadline for application submissions has passed. Click the button below to find out about other ways you can become involved with Manchester Proud.